Saturday, August 15, 2009

Shabby chic quiltie

I've always liked the shabby chic style. I think if I had stayed single, I probably would have decorated my home that way. Instead, I got married and had 4 kids. So our decor is just shabby, without the chic.

This is a quiltie (also called a doll quilt) I made for a swap. I saw a picture of a pillowcase designed by Holly Holderman (of LakeHouse Dry Goods) at All People Quilt, and modified it for this project. The finished piece is 10 1/2" x 14 1/2" and is hand quilted. I had to tea dye the rick rack to get the off-white color I wanted. (Who knew that no one makes cream-colored rick rack? Every other color but.)

1 comment:

flowersfleurbelle said...

I love your stuff! Great notebook cover.. How much would you charge for directions for making this item?