Saturday, August 08, 2009

It's an addiction.

My sewing machine & fabric. I'm pretty certain I'd shrivel up and die without either one of them.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
So there I was, cutting up some fabric for a layer cake (10" squares) swap, one thing led to another, and a few hours later, I was carrying a new purse.

It's my own design, but really, it's just your basic boxed-bottom rectangular bag. I put 4 pockets on the inside. This is the first time I've made handles like these. I like the feel of them, but because I don't always stitch in perfectly straight lines, I don't think I'd do these again in a plain fabric that shows every stitch. It has a button closure, because I was too lazy to spend the extra time putting in a zipper.

No comments: