Thursday, May 21, 2009

Purse Number...412?

I have no idea how many purses I have sewn over the years, but I know it's a lot. Many - MANY -  more purses than one woman can use.

And the really bad part? I have patterns and fabric to make 150 more. Oy.

Anyway, this is the latest. I used Amy Butler's Frenchy Bag pattern and some home dec fabric I picked up on clearance at JoAnn's. I really like the size of this bag, but the interior pockets are too floppy when made according to the directions. I'm going to have to try to modify them even though the bag is already done.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Craftiliciousness

Another swap project ... This one is a pincushion created using Heather Bailey's free pattern.


And I made a couple of little notecards from the leftover fabric and a bit of ribbon.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

reusable envelopes

My first Buttercup bag. This is a small bag; you only need a fat quarter for the exterior. Cute, but too tiny for me!

_______________________________
Reusable envelopes! 

This one is made from a thrifted plastic tablecloth. There is a clear vinyl patch sewn on the front, with a slit behind the patch for an address label to be inserted.


This one was made from 1/2 of a vinyl placemat. The labels are simply affixed with packing tape, which can easily be removed by the next user.

The back flap is held closed with double-sided tape.

Both of these envelopes have successfully traveled through the U.S. and Canadian postal systems!

I love my Bernina.

My 2nd Buttercup bag, made at 125% size of the original pattern.

In an attempt to be all eco-conscious, live green, and save money, I made this bag from 2 women's shirts I found at the local thrift store. The buttons were just some I had in my button jar. Total cost for this purse: $1.08.

I used the sleeves from one top to make the interior pockets.


On a non-ecological note (heh heh), I made these pot holders for a Swap-Bot exchange.