Monday, November 14, 2005

ATCs


My lack of recent posts is no reflection on my creative output - really! I've had a sick computer, and the software on this secondary computer might as well be written in Mandarin, it's so foreign to me. Anyway, I think I managed to scan a picture today, so you can see I haven't been a total sluggard.

This is an ATC (Artist Trading Card) that I created for an online swap with the atc group at yahoo groups. The theme of this particular swap is "Black & White." I got the idea for the design of my cards from a quilting book, Circle Play. I couldn't decide whether or not to add some kind of decorative stitching around the edges; in the end, I left them alone because I didn't want to detract from the the interplay of the lines in the center of the card.

1 comment:

jojo said...

That's really pretty. How did you make it? Is it fabric appliqued onto paper? Very artistic.